Is it worth it? if you already have freeview?

pjp

Standard Member
I have freeview on every TV in the house, and have an old (6 yrOld ) sky dish on my house but do not have sky, So apart from the free HD channels, what extra do you get by getting Freesat, A load of shopping channels??. Will there be anything really worth watching?, such as UK gold, Biography channel? if not I might as well stick with Freeview.

Starburst

Novice Member
I'd stick with Freeview if you have no real interest in HD at this time, you may find there are a few channels you don't get on Freeview (radio and tv) and some channels will be on air longer but since it seems you are well catered for then wait a while and see how it all pans out.

By the time you may be interested in HD you will probably have to buy new DTT stuff anyway so then Dsat could be a better option.

twisteddeeds

Standard Member
i agree with starburst, if you dont really need hd tv you could easily hold off for a while. say for a year or so maybe then youll be able to decide if you want it. (by then the service should be getting more channels/ longer airtime on channels etc) and youll be able to decide better if freesat is for you...):smashin:

at the moment its at a very early stage, so its easy to compare it to "freeview with hd" but if they stick to adding more content/channels then over time it could be a definite choice over freeview..

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom