1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it worth it help needed??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by SILVERBACK, May 14, 2004.

1. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    basically i have b&w 603s2 fronts s2 centre and 601s2 rears,now basically i have been looking at it and i think i have bought possibly to bigger speaker for my bedroom lol.i have had the speakers for about 2 maybe 3 years and i think it was a simple matter of eyes bigger than the bedroom lol.what i would like to know is would you recomend selling the above set up and getting something like kef eggs??? or similair small sub sat setup.your help is much appreciated :) btw my room is about 10ft by 10ft give or take a few inch`s.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Well I would think the way to answer your question is to ask you a few more questions:

1. Do the speakers sound good to you?

2. Do they fit in the room without being stuck behind something else therefore blocking part of the sound?

3. Can you do without more space that smaller speakers would give you?

If you can answer 'Yes' to all the above then you should keep them and put the money towards something else.
    If you answer 'No' to one or more of the above questions then you should start to do a few demos to see what you can get that is better and within your budget - you may find that nothing is smaller & better/as good.

Mark.

3. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Or how about wallmounting some smaller speakers? Then you could keep the centre and get some B&W 601 or 602s to match.

4. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    1.yes they do

2,yes but they are kinda big in the room lol impossing is the word i prefer.

3, i guess so

thanks for the input :) i think what triggered this is when i went round to my mates house and he had these flat panel kefs with the sub and they where awesome.i cant really give the floorstanders the power they demand with neighbours etc,so i thought a little sub sat system would be the best of both worlds.

5. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    so basically sell the floorstanders get maybe a pair of mission 77ds or the like and put the 601s2`s that where on the rear an move them to the front.interesting but i think i would just rather sell the lot and buy new.

6. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Didn't notice your rear speakers :blush:
    That's basically what I had in mind and would be a decent compromise if you didn't want to spend too much and wanted the stereo capability. You could probably manage without a sub as well if that's an issue.

7. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    im looking for a bit more slam at lower volumes,i think thats the best way to sum it up and there is NO WAY i would get away with floorstanders and sub.thanks for all the input though.

8. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    In that case I havn't heard any relevant equipment, I'm an ideas man ;)

9. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    and im a spending man :) i got the 601`s first to go with a tannoy centre as i needed to watch the pennys back then and do the best i could with my budget,but when i got a better job i ofcourse went out and bought the biggest matching speakers i could find within reason and matching centre.and i am happy with what i have but i guess the "grass is always greener" mentality has come into it now after seeing my mates new setup.