Is it worth having a RPTV calibrated?

wassap

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i have an oldish sony RPTV which i bought pretty cheap 2 years ago, but it seems to me that the convergence is out, i have had a quick tinker in the engineering menu, but to be perfectly honest, i dont really know what im doing.I only paid £260 for the tv and it is 42" so i have had my moneys worth tbh.

Thing is, is it worth calibrating or should i just save up for a DLP OR LCD, i have to go as big again so i would be looking at the best part of 1500 notes i reckon!

Can anyone reccomend any places to get the thing calibrated in the west mids? any idea on rough prices?

2 Choices really ,Gordon or Piers . Best to have a word with either of those guys .Do a search for "ISF calibration" and those guys wont be far away ;)
You will probably find that one of their banner ads will apppear now :smashin:

For another couple of hundred notes or so , I think its probably worth doing .
atb
john

Cheers mate, i will give em a call to see how much they can do it for!

id rather have it calibrated tbh, as its what i really want a 4:3 with a widescreen mode, i just dont like widescreen tv`s unfortunately, im a bit of a square!

If you have access to service menu for convergence and RGB GAIN and CUTOFF adjustment then it might well be worthwhile having some work done on it. Some of the real picture enhancing stuff is done by taking it to bits but in the UK there are so few of these devices around that we never get a chance to have the time to learn all the tricks on them. Basically what I'm saying is that to make it really 100% would likely take at least a day...and that'd cost a fortune....but to fix gemoetry, convergence, colour and greyscale more like a couple of hours and well within scope of an ISF calibration.

gordon

Hey gordon i tried to call you earlier, but i keep missing you (my name was sol) dont suppose you can give me rough guide on a price to this? im based in the west mids.

wassap, please don't use the forum for sales/support issues from another member. Email or PM is more appropriate.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom