is it worth going from an ati 9000 to a ati 9500?

fatrich

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have an ati 9000 at the moment which is ok no issues with it , i have been giving some thought about getting an ati 9500 (can get one for £114.00 + vat) does anyone have any views , opinions or advice.

Is the difference worth twice the money? Jeff any thoughts

cheers

richard

Upgrading again Richard ;)

What do you think about my coments re the scoped settings with the H3D?

I'll be interesrted in the answer re the 9500 also, may upgrade my 7500.

Steve

I think Cliff's scoped settings are horse doodoo (whites clipped and black level too high), but don't quote me on AVS. :D

Richard,

The 9500 is a very nice card and well worth the money, |I've been well impressed with some of the improvements. The difference in Monsters inc isn't sutle.

Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff
I think Cliff's scoped settings are horse doodoo (whites clipped and black level too high), but don't quote me on AVS. :D

Richard,

The 9500 is a very nice card and well worth the money, |I've been well impressed with some of the improvements. The difference in Monsters inc isn't sutle.

Jeff

Jeff, I posted on Immersive about the scoped settings and crushed blacks/clipped whites, everybody appeared to think that the scoped settings were bang on, I must say my current settings are far from the scoped ones, not scoped but with Avia for R1 and the (poor) optimiser on AOC for R2. I thought it was just me :D

Also dont quote me :clown:

steve

Hi Steve and Jeff ...... Happy new year to you both, long time no speak.
Looks like its a 9500 then ( will have to raise some pennies via e-bay first)

Steve i dont have an avia test disc, but i am using cliffs settings for the sdi input and the picture does seem rather dark with ntsc stuff, i havent used any pal gear my denon is a region 1 machine not yey modified.

Are your problems with Pal or with both ntsc and pal?

My set up seems fairly stable apart from the lipsync problem which i can correct with the audio delay on the denon a1se, but its still anoying cos i know its there.

Steve which ati drivers are u using at the moment? i am still using the 2.3 Cat though i have been tempted to upgrade to the 2.5 cat and directx 9, i think i will bang in the newer 2.5 cat drivers but will wait on the directx 9 untill either i get the new 9500 which fully supports it and see what other people have to say on it first.

cheers

richard

Hi Richard,

Happy New Year to you also, I've noticed to be much worse on R2 although I really do question the scoped settings for R1, it really does appear to crush the blacks. When Roland put my 808 in I had the scoped settings and we thought that the RP82 couldn't pass blacker than black, I've since played extensively with the settings and am a bit happier. I'm just a little concerned that my figures are way out from Cliffs:confused:

Looks like a 9500 then!!

I'm still on cat 2.3, I avoided moving to DX9 as there appears to be audio issues? Plus the 7500 doesn't fully support.

Where's the best price you've seen?

Steve

Steve
i can get one from ccl computers for £115.00 +vat but i can claim the vat back, do u think thats a good price? i may be able to get u one at that price (minus the vat of course) if the computer guy who gets them next door is happy with that , if your interested i will have a word

cheers

richard

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom