Is it worth getting Sky Digi Box repaired

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by KAZER, Sep 9, 2005.

1. KAZER

KAZER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi All

I have a dilemma, my sky digital box has been giving me so much grief in recent weeks that I phoned sky customer services after being asked several stupid questions such as "are u sure all the cables connected securely?" :suicide: I was told that I would need to call a engineer out, the cost, £65 :eek: ,

Now my question is, would I just be better off paying £100 and upgrading to sky+? Surely this way if I continued to have the problem of many channels saying "signal not recieved" it would be Skys responsibility to sort it and I will have a new setup. :D

I have already tried adjusting the dish myself to no avail and I have 2 premium channels so I wouldn't have to worry about paying the extra £10.

Thanks in advance

KAZER :thumbsup:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    I would consider the upgrade, not only a new STB but a new LNB and cabling perhaps even the dish itself if judged to be a little worn.
    If as you say you already have the premium channels then it's a decent deal.

You could of course go down the cancellation route which may get you a free call out.

3. KAZER

KAZER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    With regards the new cabling I was under the impression they just use the same cabling and run an extra length for the extra LNB.

Also would SKY have any issues with me running the cabling myself I want it all hidden under the floorboard and I don't want a cable coming through the wall which is what they are likely to do and did do when they initially installed have redecorated since then though.

Thanks

KAZER

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    The old cabling may have worn and become water damaged, it's ability to carry a clean signal may be the cause of the digibox problems.
    Anyhow, the installer has the option to replace all of the existing setup if required, in regards to the cable he could just add a second one with or without replacing the original or use a shotgun cable (two feeds in a single sheath).

The installer will be quite pleased if you have laid the cabling but leaving him enough to work with externally, just make sure everything is ok before signing off on the job.