Is it worth getting LG 77 CX with 1 year warranty

siulas

Novice Member
I have access to get brand new LG 77 CX with one year warranty for £2600. Should I go ahead? What are usual costs for repairs?

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
I have access to get brand new LG 77 CX with one year warranty for £2600. Should I go ahead? What are usual costs for repairs?

That's a great price. I'd push very hard to get an extra warranty added. Repairs on such a large set will be expensive!

siulas

Novice Member
You wouldn't know how much would it cost to replace panel if it goes? Cause I'm hearing it probably would be same as getting new tv..

Dodgexander

The 1 year warranty is just standard from LG when you buy new. Anything extra are promotions offered by the store where you buy the TV who offer free 3rd party warranties on top of that standard 1 year.

So you can approach an insurer directly and take out your own warranty, or your own insurance. You can also use house-wide electric insurance that covers TVs and other appliances.

Important to note the difference in policies between warranty and insurance. Buying a 3rd party extended warranty protects you from faults that occur on the TV through no fault of your own.

Insurance is for things like accidental damage, so if the TV broke on its own, it likely won't be covered.

Last edited:

siulas

Novice Member
The 1 year warranty is just standard from LG when you buy new. Anything extra are promotions offered by the store where you buy the TV who offer free 3rd party warranties on top of that standard 1 year.

So you can approach an insurer directly and take out your own warranty, or your own insurance. You can also use house-wide electric insurance that covers TVs and other applies.

Important to note the difference in policies between warranty and insurance. Buying a 3rd party extended warranty protects you from faults that occur on the TV through no fault of your own.

Insurance is for things like accidental damage, so if the TV broke on its own, it likely won't be covered.
This is an answer I was looking for, didn't even think of getting warranty through 3rd party insurer!
Thanks @Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Also forgot to mention that most warranties do not cover screen burn. Might be worth contacting the insurer beforehand to ask about that. Whoever supplies the insurance (not warranty) for JL do cover screen burn.

But screen burn is only a concern if you have unusually invaried use for content with static elements. For example news channels are a no-on on an OLED TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom