Is it worth getting a multi sat dish these days?

pinnocchio

I won't subscribe to Sky so it's only the FTA channels on 28e I'd be interested in and I have a MythTV backend so use TBS DVB S2 cards.

I've been offered a Multi Sat (multi LNB) dish but am not sure it's even worth getting these days, is there anything in Europe with English commentary that is still either FTA or FTV?

The most LNBs I can get on this dish is four....so any suggestions?

What size dish?

BTW if you are into sport Eurosport Germany is still FTA on 19.2E although audio is German but content is very similar to Eurosport 1 on 28.2E.

pinnocchio

It's an elliptical 130cm, so reasonable size, but not huge.

Last time I was using a Multi LNB dish was 20 years ago when the scandinavian channels broadcast quite a lot of FTV in English, I guess those days are gone?

It is sports I'd be mainly looking at I guess, could you get the Middle East channels on a 130cm dish and are any FTV or are they all encrypted these days?

Thanks for the help.

The only sports I am into is motorsport and there is at least F1 FTA on 19.2E alas without English audio - although Radio 5 could be simultaneously used on another device.

AFAIK Middle East sports channels require a dish of at least 3m (thanks to the EPL)

Have a look here for sport

and free movies here

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom