• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is it worth getting a Dell 17" ?

1topbloke

Standard Member
I am looking at Dell Inspiron and Studio lap tops. Having looked at Laop Tops in the shops the 17 inch looks like the size I would like as it will be my main computer. However, people have said that 17 inch is too big and not really that portable and I should stick with 15. Any views?

dc8900

Distinguished Member
I am looking at Dell Inspiron and Studio lap tops. Having looked at Laop Tops in the shops the 17 inch looks like the size I would like as it will be my main computer. However, people have said that 17 inch is too big and not really that portable and I should stick with 15. Any views?

Yeah, that is the trade off. If you intend for the laptop to remain solely in the house, then go for the 17 inch, will be perfect. But if you need mobility, then go for the 15 inch.:smashin:

Woody26

Established Member
I've just had an inspiron 17" after using a sony vaio 15" for years. I'm so glad I did, it makes such a difference to use

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom