1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth buying Sky+ if you have normal sky digital?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by tony kop77, Jul 13, 2003.

1. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I have a home cinema and a 28 inch wide screen tv I was wandering if it was worth getting Sky+ and how much are they becuase I am sure I could have got one for £200 as an existing customer but on the sky site I have seen it for £250.
    You aksi have to pay £10 extra a month but the main reason for considering Sky+ is because i work shifts 6-2 and 2-10 so I want to record the programes I miss. I don't have a video recorder.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    SKY+ is a very nice bit of hardware and makes recording programs a doddle when you ar working and allows the rest of the family full use of the box while you are out earning the money to pay for it. Solves a lot of problems for me since I work a triple shift pattern and mostly watch TV early in the day or late at night.

The standard package was on offer for £199 last month but it's back to it's "normal" price now of £249 and if you just have SKY+ then there is the £10 subscription. Hard pill to swallow but the system is great and once you get used to it going back to other recording methods would be tough.
    The SKY+ also records the bitstream directly so there is NO loss in picture quality of the recordings plus it can access DD5.1 on certain subscription movie channels, useful for people with DD amps.

A VCR will be cheaper, a DVD recorder over a two year period would also be cheaper but a simple one box solution is attractive.
    If you watch or want to record a lot of subscription telly then SKY+ is ideal, if you watch a lot of terrestrial channels carried on SKY then perhaps the £10 a month is too much.