• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Looarah

Standard Member
Reaction score
I bought my switch from Amazon UK and it says the return date is up to April 3rd. On Friday I noticed a tiny scratch on the right side of the screen about Half way up and around half a cm in and the scratch is about the same size if smaller (just one of those things that once you notice you can't stop noticing). I have no idea how it happened. Never dropped it and it's been in my handbag once and docked around 5 times... Any advice is welcomed, thanks!

Ooh. I love a moral dilemma!

What you should do, and what you will do, are not the same thing.

I'd get a case for your new one though!! :D

This is a pain if you have put some hours in on Zelda!! Why Nintendo didn't have the transfer of game saves sorted for launch day I will never know!!

I would return and like above get a screen protector on (says me waiting for two to arrive).

It's more than likely you scratched it somehow, so I can't see how there are grounds for you to return it.

It's more than likely you scratched it somehow, so I can't see how there are grounds for you to return it.

Was it scratched when you first opened it ?

Is it visible during gameplay?

Do you already know the answer to the question ? :devil:

The more I think about it, the more I'm blaming it on putting it in my bag. The contents included my keys. I can't think of any other way it could have been scratched. Which is annoying AF as I didn't even play it when I went out.

Was it scratched when you first opened it ?

Is it visible during gameplay?

Do you already know the answer to the question ? :devil:

1) I don't think so.

2) It's visible when I think about it and therefore actively try to move the camera angle so the place where it is is illuminated by a light background, if you get me. I should try and get a pic to post.

3) *sigh* I guess I do. Ie suck it up, get a screen protector and a carry case. I just wanted to gage opinion, if anything at least the post has highlighted the need for a screen protector. Get one everybody!

1) I don't think so.

2) It's visible when I think about it and therefore actively try to move the camera angle so the place where it is is illuminated by a light background, if you get me. I should try and get a pic to post.

3) *sigh* I guess I do. Ie suck it up, get a screen protector and a carry case. I just wanted to gage opinion, if anything at least the post has highlighted the need for a screen protector. Get one everybody!

If I was you...and possibly scratched it myself...I'd still return it to Amazon.

Amazon are great and will refund or exchange it (if in stock) without issues.
Is it ethical? No but I'd swap and get a screen protector and a hard case

Especially when I carry my handbag ;)

The more I think about it, the more I'm blaming it on putting it in my bag. The contents included my keys. I can't think of any other way it could have been scratched. Which is annoying AF as I didn't even play it when I went out.
See that's a problem most of us won't encounter, putting Switch in our bag with keys! It's easy to be wise after the event so don't beat yourself up.

The scratch will however drive you mad. Amazon will replace it for you and return the old one to Ninty, so Amazon won't be out of pocket. Ninty will possibly refurb or sell off cheap, but bottom line is, they won't be kept awake at night over it.

Do it or regret it, is my thoughts....

I don't usually agree with being dishonest. But when I see the amount of tax the some large companies 'don't' pay, then my morale compass becomes very hard to read sometimes o_O
And it may very well say return it , by mistake :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom