1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it too late for a replacement???

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Omega Prime, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Omega Prime

Omega Prime
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Over the past month I have been getting a worst picture on my 32ZD26 toshiba, and after posting a couple quiries in this forum I have not resolved the problems (green flaring, geometry and convergence issues) on my set. Toshiba Technical division says that these problems should not be present and that I should call over a technician from the shop I bought the TV from to get them to fix it.

Since then I have had the technician round three times and he claims that there is no problem with the set and that I should live with it. This is unacceptable in my opinion since like many people here I paid a lot of money for this TV and there clearly is a problem with the set.

I have had the TV for 4 months now and I have made up my mind that since the "so called" toshiba certified technician is unable/unwilling to sort out my problems, a replacement set is my only option.

What rights do I have to getting a replacement set after 4 months and if I am still unhappy with the replacement can I ask for another??

Advise needed please. :(

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's no such thing as too late really. The law states that you must examine the goods within a 'reasonable time' and only a judge can decide what a 'reasonable time' is, given the circumstances.

Sounds like you have a good case. Do everything in writing from this point on, and keep a record of all previous, current, and future communications. If you paid on credit card (as I hope you did!), then contact them if you get no joy.

3. Omega Prime

Omega Prime
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why by writing? Would I not get a faster response by telephone?

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do both.

The point of writing is to have evidence of your communications and theirs.