Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Is it too late for a replacement???

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Omega Prime, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Omega Prime

Omega Prime
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Over the past month I have been getting a worst picture on my 32ZD26 toshiba, and after posting a couple quiries in this forum I have not resolved the problems (green flaring, geometry and convergence issues) on my set. Toshiba Technical division says that these problems should not be present and that I should call over a technician from the shop I bought the TV from to get them to fix it.

Since then I have had the technician round three times and he claims that there is no problem with the set and that I should live with it. This is unacceptable in my opinion since like many people here I paid a lot of money for this TV and there clearly is a problem with the set.

I have had the TV for 4 months now and I have made up my mind that since the "so called" toshiba certified technician is unable/unwilling to sort out my problems, a replacement set is my only option.

What rights do I have to getting a replacement set after 4 months and if I am still unhappy with the replacement can I ask for another??

Advise needed please. :(

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's no such thing as too late really. The law states that you must examine the goods within a 'reasonable time' and only a judge can decide what a 'reasonable time' is, given the circumstances.

Sounds like you have a good case. Do everything in writing from this point on, and keep a record of all previous, current, and future communications. If you paid on credit card (as I hope you did!), then contact them if you get no joy.

3. Omega Prime

Omega Prime
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why by writing? Would I not get a faster response by telephone?

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do both.

The point of writing is to have evidence of your communications and theirs.