Is it time yet?

magnumwhite1

Standard Member
Hi there, I've been itching to buy a new LCD TV for quite a while now but the usual problem's have held me back, SD picture quality and motion smearing.

I recently compared my 4 year old philips (26PF9946/12) too my mate's brand new panasonic (TX32LXD70) and there wasn't any major difference when it came to SD picture quality.

I am convinced decent SD picture quality is still year's away and I doubt LCD will ever match CRT when it come's to SD material.

So the only thing holding me back now is motion smearing. The latest LCD TV's have a 8ms response time which is still pretty poor. But better than my philips which has a response time of 12ms.

I have been reading about the latest LCD PC monitor's which have a response time of just 2ms, and this apparently sort's out the whole smearing problem all together.

How long will it be before LCD TV's have a 2ms response time?

Are they just around the corner or are they year's away?

If it took them 4 year's to get from 12ms to 8 ms, will it be another 4 year's before they get to 2ms?

Should I wait another 6 month's or should I take the plunge now?

The 2 TV's I have been looking at are the panasonic (TX32LXD70) and the sony (KDL-40W2000U) from what I can gather the panasonic is superior when it come's to picture quality, especially motion handling. Am i correct in thinking this? .

Does anyone have any suggestion's on what TV's I should consider?

I have a budget of £1200 and am after a screen size of at least 32". 1080p would be nice but not essential, a pc input is however.

Regard's:)

ChrisGgr

32" for 1200£ is too too expensive.I hava a better tv:Samsung LE-40F86 which is 1080p and 100Hz!!!Also fits your budget

magnumwhite1

Standard Member
The samsung does have some impressive spec's, the 100hz being the best one, i'm pretty sure the sony does'nt have that I will have to give it some serious thought. so many options:confused:

Thank's

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom