Is it the midlife crisis or male menopause?

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if it is you can keep them, the lovely, delicious, delightful and luscious Elena came to stay with us for a week. The blonde 30 year old Hispano-german with the permanent smile and glint in her eyes, kind of thought and word, completely unspoilt, always attentive and with a beguiling childlike manner that was never annoying. After a week of that i was glad she went home for now I can be my normal garrulous self.:cool: I cannot remember the last time I felt the way I did -21 ,22 maybe??Absolutely bessotted I was, blast!I was running round after her, feeding her, making sure she was alright, taking her to the shops and, because she is a complete scatter brains, I made sure that whatever she needed to do, got done including shopping for a bikini:eek: I DO NOT GO ROUND WOMENS SHOPS (my wife learnt that years ago) especially lingerie or anything skimpy sections. Still there I was staring out of the windows trying hard to be patient whilst she rummaged around.It took her over an hour to find the right one:rolleyes: Anyway she took herself off to the local swimming pool with my wife so that worked out OK.But it was that gut feeling i had that bothered me , the one that kept nagging away prompting me to reach out to her, give her a hug or more :suicide: It was doing my head in. We once went, with a Polish girl, to a trendy wine bar , the sort you find twenty somethings in and where I would not normally be seen dead.Standing next to them I must of looked a right perv but it didnt bother the two lasses at all.I was too ****** to care mind and we just kinda of enjoyed each others company- banter on all sides like.Anyway they have both gone home now ( Spain & Poland)and life is back to normal so maybe no crisis------I think!
What is this male menopause or andropause all about then?Something about reduced sex drive, general energy increasing grumpiness?Its it worth doing done HRT, testosterone patches?

Become a master of the paragraph and people will idolise you like they do me.

Nope. Completely normal (being at the beck and call of a girl that is). Not that I would know whether it is actually in fact either or both of the two things in the title - much too young to know ;) :D

But perhaps you are well aware of that feeling in the pit of ones stomach when one finds someone very attractive. I havent had that in donkeys years at least not like with this one. She was kind of angelic and something deep stirred within me which was not mere lust.

At the risk of people I've met in uni reading this, I cannot answer that :D You have to ask yourself if its not just a crush or not though

Neither midlife crisis nor male menopause, just a realisation that your carefree impetuous youth is behind you.....
I cannot remember the last time I felt the way I did -21 ,22 maybe??

Just avoid trying to make contact with any ex-pre-marital-flame, as you're likely to stir similar emotions.

Although youth may be wasted on the young, it shouldn't act as a catalyst for you to re-find your long lost carefree and footloose (?) youth.

Take some bromide pills!!!

it's the truth matey, to know what I know now, but to be your age! :D

Well I guess you've already watched 'American Beauty' describes your predicament perfectly... (what a wicked film - and I'm gay)

Poor old Lester!

Now I understand the thread! ;)

Not quite like Lester mind as I have neither an impossibly nuerotic wife or an odious daughter with attitude. Neither have I reached a point in life where one wonders what the point of all that striving was and wishes a complete change. My life has not really been about striving or being especially acquisitive but this is about thinking one is in love again and wanting to pour it out to the poor unsuspecting recipient who wont know what hit her ,what she did to deserve this madness or quite sure how to deal with it. There was one drunken blabbering session during which she just smiled sweetly. The next moring I had a shame attack and apologised profusely. This was followed by 3 emails I sent to her whilst she was still here saying things like "if I was 35 and single I'd fancy you like mad" Pathetic really! Anyway time will heal I am sure of that and I'll be my normal self again.Quite like the grass on this side really despite the nagging tirades i recieve alsmost daily. Funny Elena was inclined to chide me as well but always with a smile and no real anger.Her room( previously mine) was kept immaculate and i slept on my bed again last night which had the same pillows she used and I could still smell whatever perfume she used:eek: :rolleyes: A cold shower is required followed by 10 lashes.:lesson:

I may have missed something but why did you have a gorgeous young woman staying with you anyway?............and where do I get one? :D

Yes, and isn't there a Mrs LGS in the equation?

I may have missed something but why did you have a gorgeous young woman staying with you anyway?............and where do I get one? :D

Just luck mate:D They dont grow on trees. Thing is there are many gorgeous LOOKING women around but this girl is not only pretty (in my eyes anyway) but has a sunny disposition like you wouldnt believe. I have only ever met one like her who was an Austrian 16 year old( I was 19 at the time)I followed her back to Austria in the hope of sharing my life with her or at least some of it. Unfortunately her parents took one look at me and sent me packing:hiya: :( Still got her photo somewhere)

Yes, and isn't there a Mrs LGS in the equation?

i was wondering when someone would bring that up.Xusia really you are in no position to moralise:nono:( please correct me if you are not) I will get over this in my own sweet time and my relationship with Mrs LGS is pretty good on the whole. I am not a complete fool and know which side my bread is buttered . Like you have done I am sharing something personal which i hope the passage of time will cure:)

:D I'm still none the wiser as to why she was staying with you though

:D I'm still none the wiser as to why she was staying with you though

Thaaaaank you( he says with a touch of irony). I met her about two years ago when she was here in the uK as a student staying with a client of mine. She loikes this country and has been twice back on holiday. This last time i offered her a room gratis with almost all food provided which she took most gratefully. We insisted on providing for her. I think we proved very good hosts and i know she took to both my wife and mother in law. She herself is very family orientated and adores her parents and sisters.She is, on the whole, a happy bunny with no sides or affectations who by no means deserves the blabberings of a middleaged man in the throes of some sort of self indulgent infatuation especially as she has exams to take . Hitherto I had been helping her with her English:)eek: ) and now she speaks some kind of quasi Anglorgentine slack mouthed patios :D

:D no no thaaaank you

well she sounds lovely mate.......

This last time i offered her a room gratis with almost all food provided which she took most gratefully. We insisted on providing for her. I think we proved very good hosts and i know she took to both my wife and mother in law.

Ah, but you may have been reading the signs all wrong (as you're so old ;) ).

It could all just be her plot to get closer to you. She could just be besotted with you but is frightened to express her true feelings for fear of rejection.

And you let her fly off.

I too must confess to having similar feelings recently, when a new woman joined the firm... I'm late 40's, she's 32. But as well as finding her instantly attractive, for the first time in donkeys years, someone showed a bit of interest in me (well a lot actually), and it felt good, stirring presumably, those same emotions you felt LGS. A few of the other staff members confided that she had told them that she "more than liked me". I confess to daydreaming about various, possible scenarios to maximise the liaison, whilst keeping everything at home sweet. But my ardour was tempered somewhat when a colleague that knew this woman from before, informed me that she was a bit of a bunny boiler, possessive, obsessive and possibly problematic. Things however came to a head when Mrs CFC got wind of the situation through "a caring friend" and a stark warning was promptly issued to me by said Mrs... "knock it on the head ... or else!" I still talk to this woman, maybe twice a week on business terms, but something in me still sometimes thinks, that despite the warnings about her disposition, I could handle her ... but then again, maybe not! Midlife crisis.. who knows!

Last post from this "yooth" here...

If I was your age (no offence!) and in your position... guys as it is now, I wouldn't choose to use the word "crisis". That implies a negative connotation on your respective situations. Rather... I would have a wry smile on my face right about now. And loving life

But then I don't know what its like to be married and under the thumb :D :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom