is it the heads?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by othello, Oct 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. othello

othello
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i`ve put a video in,and i get sound but there is no actual picture.the only picture is like you get before you record on to a blank cassette..all black and white fuzz.. i get a piture from the video when it`s not playing.the tv channels i mean.i`ve tried different scarts..still no joy..it`s only when the video is playing so this makes me think theres something a miss..like i say get sound just no picture...video is a panasonic..bout 10yrs old..this is the first problem i`ve ever had.. cheers if you have any ideas.. :)

2. pinatubo

pinatubo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With the VCR being 10 years old you've got nothing to lose by cleaning the video head - either us e a propritary video head cleaner or you could just use a piece of soft cardboard eg cornflakes packet.
    Place the card gently in contact with the video drum and spin the drum manually a number of times.
    Some people may cringe at what i have just said but was shown this by a video engineer many years ago.
    Don't do it too often though.
    Obviously you need to disconnect the VCR from the mains a nd know how to remove the lid correctly to get at the drum.

3. othello

othello
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i used a cleaning tape..had to use it a few times but everytime i used it the picture slowly came back..got the picture back to perfect again.just seems strange how it went so back so quick..still it will do for now..till i get a dvdrecorder..:D