is it safe to turn the power strip off that the lg cx tv is plugged into?

tybittz

I read that unplugging this tv could be a bad idea. my TV is plugged into a power outlet and my father makes me turn off the switch of it when we're all out of the house. is that basically the same thing? should I worry?

5to1

Is it an OLED? If so, perhaps you read about the compensation/maintenance cycle they periodically run whilst in standby?

So yes you are supposed to leave OLED's in standby so they can run the compensation cycle. You can turn them off at the mains, but not all the time. Otherwise the panel won't be able to run the compensation cycle. Some manufacturers state the warranty will be void if you never leave the set in standby.

tybittz

Is it an OLED? If so, perhaps you read about the compensation/maintenance cycle they periodically run whilst in standby?

So yes you are supposed to leave OLED's in standby so they can run the compensation cycle. You can turn them off at the mains, but not all the time. Otherwise the panel won't be able to run the compensation cycle. Some manufacturers state the warranty will be void if you never leave the set in standby.
yep lg cx

mikej

OLEDs are best left in standby day-to-day but when you need to turn it off at the wall, just make sure you let it run its maintenance cycle first. Put it into standby using the power button on the remote. The front LED may give you an indication it is running - check the manual.

The regular one takes less than 10 minutes on a Panasonic and the longer cycle (which runs every 1000 hours) takes about an hour. Not sure about LG, but it's likely to be similar.

tybittz

so is it ok to do completely power it off once in awhile?? it would only be like when we're all on vacation.
edit: sorry didn't mean to post that twice

mikej

5to1

so is it ok to do completely power it off once in awhile?? it would only be like when we're all on vacation.
edit: sorry didn't mean to post that twice
Yes, of course you can turn it off when you go on vacation. As Mikej says you can also turn it off daily provided you give it a chance to run the compensation cycle. But in practice I'm not sure how practical that would be, as often you turn the TV off and leave the room.

What you shouldn't do is always turn it off at the mains, as it will never get a chance to run the compensation cycles.

Check the manual, it will probably have some guidance. Personally, I just leave our Panasonic in stanbye. It doesn't draw much in standby, so don't see the point in turning it off and risking it missing compensation cycles.

rccarguy

I switch mine off fully, but only after it's been on standby for a couple of hours

stblob

Never had a problem with my c7. Always switch off at the plug when out and at night.