Is it safe to sell my Cable Box with the viewing card?

silps

Standard Member
Reaction score
When I cancelled my Virgin cable service they said I didn't have to return my cable box (NTL badged). Is it safe to sell it with the viewing card or can someone tamper with the card and create some comeback to me?

Cheers.

Well the Cable box always belongs to the cable company & when i was on cable they always wanted them back but never came for them. You can always say you sent it to the skip thou...

Carl

afaik the viewing card won't work in anyone else's home. but if they don't want the box back, i'm sure there are people who'd want it.

It's not really yours to sell. Virgin seem to be reluctant to pick up old boxes. I cannot legally be used by anybody else. I think the best advice is to cut up the card and send the box to the local tip for disposal. That way it should not fall into the hands of anyone who would try to make illegal use of it.

Get it in writing, or you'll get a nasty letter demanding £250 or a debt collector in a few months time.

They're awful for this - say they don't want the boxes back, then try and bill you if you get rid of them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom