1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it progressive compatible?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by dts_boy, Jan 7, 2002.

1. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    i have a 36" Toshiba 36ZP18 and am looking to buy a new dvd player which can output progressive scan picture. my question is, although i have a component connection is this compatible for progressive use and has anybody tried this?

p.s. with regards to faults with this set...yes it displays some that people mention (light shadows towards edges of screen), i haven't seen a 36" set that doesn't have some kind of problem. ALL manufacturers should be sat down and told to develop products PROPERLY before they sell it to consumers. thats my humble opinion anyway!:)

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    It is not compatible with a PS output. You need a projector or plasma to use it. No UK tv is.

re your comment on 36 inch set. You are smack on. You will actually find them on most ws sets but are easiest to see on 36 inchers. I am a happy owner of this set but there are a few issues that could be tweaked in the service menu to make it even better. You have to accept that ALL manufacturer do it down to a price.