1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by garyjn, Nov 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. garyjn

garyjn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible to view and record terrestrial signal programs (bbc1,2,itv,ch4) from a freeview pvr if you cannot get the digital signal in your area? I live in an area were I cannot get the digital signal. I was thinking of buying the Humax 8000T PVR and using it to record the terrestrial channels? Is it possible or not. I don't really want to spend £400 on a dvd/hhd recorder when I only want record using hd and have no need to archive onto dvd.

can anyone help

thanks
    :lease:

2. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to disappoint but it's not possible - the pvr only records the mpeg2 stream onto the drive, there's no facility for external input.

If it were I think we'd have seen an explosion in sales of Freeview pvrs!

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    Get a TiVo!

TiVo has a built in analogue TV tuner and can do all you want for around £200. You don't need to pay the subscription as it will still work without, but you will loose most of the excellent features that you just wont want to do without once you have seen and used them.

Mark.