Question Is it possible to wirelessly connect a BlueRay DVD to Smart TV?

south coaster

Standard Member
Reaction score
Evening all,
I've got a Samsung smart TV (wall mounted) and am going to buy a Blue Ray DVD player but wanting to avoid the mess of cables running up to the TV. Is there a way to wirelessly send the HDMI signal from a Blue Ray player to the TV?
(I'm sure I'm not the first to have asked this so any advise would be great)
Many thanks :-D

There are Wireless HD senders - though finding one which works every time in all situations is a complete lottery.

The Wireless system has a powered Transmitter (connected to the Source) plus powered Receiver (connected to the Display).

Like Greg Hook I'd figure out how to add in the required HDMI cable.

Joe

There are Wireless HD senders - though finding one which works every time in all situations is a complete lottery.

The Wireless system has a powered Transmitter (connected to the Source) plus powered Receiver (connected to the Display).
Never heard of these? How do they get around HDCP?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
'How do they get around HDCP?' - usually by disabling or cheating it :)

Note they are 'HD' rather than 'HDMI' extenders - I've yet to see any system receiving certification/verification from HDMI.org

Wired Extenders are the way to go - for single wire, lossless the best options are built around the HDBaseT (HDBT) standard.

Joe

'How do they get around HDCP?' - usually by disabling or cheating it :)

Note they are 'HD' rather than 'HDMI' extenders - I've yet to see any system receiving certification/verification from HDMI.org

Wired Extenders are the way to go - for single wire, lossless the best options are built around the HDBaseT (HDBT) standard.

Joe

Frankly without any comment as to distance and quality of the connection cabling this is pretty meaningless. I agree wired is the way to go.

The much cheaper solution posted above works 100% for me. It delivers 100% lossless pictures for me over over a flat cat 6 cable of 20m length. It is fed from a Yamaha receiver with a dual output. It delivers great pictures to a remote TV from a Blu-ray player, A Amazon Fire TV box, two Humax HDR FOX T2's and a Foxsat-HDR. In addition it works with media players connected to my Yamaha AV receiver.

I originally bought a dual Cat 5/6 solution from Amazon that worked for a week or two with a dual cat 6 twin flat cable pair. After a while the blu-ray player output failed to work.

Neet customer support were brilliant, After testing some other kit (provided free), the kit I linked to sent at no extra cost, works for all my input sources, and provides reliable Infra Red remote control (using just one of the original cat 6 pair).

Suggest you test out this kit, no idea as to how far it can work. Bear in mind I am using a twin flat cat 6 cable leaving the other connector to provide smart TV access to my remote TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom