• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is it possible to UNDO a firmware update?

Retro Ramblings

Standard Member
I have the Tevion blu ray player, and it was working great with the multi-region codes for both DVDs and blu rays. However I recently installed the firmware update from the Curtis International website as I had the blu ray of American Werewolf in London that wouldn't play. Following the update it still didn't work, and I then discovered that the region code hack no longer works. They've killed it with the update. I've spoken to their customer service about whether it's possible to go back to a previous version of the software but they're no help. They did however send me a replacement blu ray player, which was unexpected, Unfortunately it's a Philips 2000 Series, which is impossible to hack for blu rays (the DVD multi-region codes works however).

So my question to you all is, can you go back to a previous version of software once you have done a firmware update? Or is it even possible to physically hack the machine with some sort of mod?

Thanks.

marlboro_man

Established Member
As far as I know your player is a clone of Momitsu BDP-899. Try to find old region free BDP-899 firmware (I believe the original file name of that firmware is "BDP-899_English_Japanese_France_PKG-064_090330. rar").

Last edited:

Retro Ramblings

Standard Member
Thanks for this. I've read about that firmware on lots of forums, and it sounds like it would do the trick, but I can't find it anywhere! Do you know anywhere I might be able to find it? It doesn't appear to exist anywhere online any more, and Momitsu are now out of business.

Retro Ramblings

Standard Member
Yes, that's what I had. It seems like that's the answer though, I may have to pester a few people on forums who say they have the file saved!

Thanks for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom