is it possible to tether on simplicity?

Simba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my mobile broadband is being a pain in the arse. is it possible to tether on simplicity?

tried the profiles from benm.at but they dont work. tried modifying the config file on the pc and using that with mobile.o2.co.uk but no joy.

is it not possible?

simba

someone put me out my misery. tried searching but couldnt find anything - im assuming its a no....

I am surprised you can't buy a tethering add on to the simplicity contract.

There is a way. I had it working fine but broke it a couple of days ago :( Have you jailbreaked your iPhone?

try pdanet on cydia. it gives a free trial period, then after that its limited to http sites until you register.

try pdanet on cydia. it gives a free trial period, then after that its limited to http sites until you register.

Have to say that I tried pdanet and after the trial period it is very overpriced imo.

MyWi is better and a much more elegant solution as it enables the built in tethering functionality of the iPhone.

If you're on 3.1.2, there's a patch on Cydia to enable tethering. Or if you jailbroke with blackra1n, I believe that applies the patch for you.

If you're on 3.1.2, there's a patch on Cydia to enable tethering. Or if you jailbroke with blackra1n, I believe that applies the patch for you.

I tried patch but didn't work. It maybe becuase I am using a simplicity style sim which uses different settings for data and wap plans.

This way worked for me.

just to add my little contribution....I'm locked in a battle with o2 at the moment over this very issue.

I have a iphone 3g with a Simplicity SIM 12 month contract.

I wanted to use this setup with my laptop and have been told by o2 that even if I offered to pay top wack I wouldnt be allowed to tether without an iphone tarrif!

I've written a letter and recieved a call from complaint resoultion and they've basically said the same.

So here we are, I'm not prepared to buy into their iphone tariff as its overpriced and I already have an iphone I bought outright! So I'll be tethering without permission from now on. If they call me on it I'll explain I tried to pay but they wouldn't be flexible!

Is it possible to tether on a non-jail broken phone with 3.1.2?

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom