1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it possible to run just rear back spks with just 3802 please??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mick23, Aug 8, 2004.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi all i have 3802 with 600s3 as surrounds connected to (a) and use mission m71 as rear back speakers.

i was trying the 3802s muti funtion the aim was to try my m73 currently used as rears, to see how they would sound on there own with 3802 ,without swoping/or disconnecting speaker cables.

but regardless of how i set amp "multi room" or surround/ mroom volume to variable etc i could not get a peep from the m73 say using 3802 tuner.

so just wondered if this can be done .

2. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to connect them to the Surround Back speaker terminals and set the Power Amp Assignment to MultiRoom. To be honest, as you have to disconnect your current speakers you may as well just disconnect your front pair and test your others on the those channels. It would save a lot of faffing about.

The other option is to unplug all speakers apart from the M73's and set the amp to 5CH Stereo. This is easily done if you use banana plugs. :)