• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is it possible to pre-order the AVR-600?

markusp

Well, its now the middle of October and the original press release for the AVR-600 stated that it would be released in November so I wonder if anyone knows if it can officially be pre-ordered?

I imagine that the AVR-600 will first be released in the UK but I am hoping that it will also be released in Canada in November as well. I have my heart set on an AV8 or AV9 but I received an interesting email from Arcam today that explains that the processor found in the AVR-600 is indeed an updated version of the AV9 ICS and as such, seems like quite the steal at the $5000 CDN target price and a better option for me as it includes the associated power amp. Apparently a pre pro version of the AVR-600 will be released later in the future and this indeed will be the replacement for the AV9.

I have a baby on the way, due in early December and so I am trying to get my audio system straightened away before then. If the AVR-600 is still due to street in November, I'd like to pre-order it now to be assured of first allocation as I imagine only a handful of units will be initially available.

Cheers.

adeeb

Standard Member
Well, its now the middle of October and the original press release for the AVR-600 stated that it would be released in November so I wonder if anyone knows if it can officially be pre-ordered?

I imagine that the AVR-600 will first be released in the UK but I am hoping that it will also be released in Canada in November as well. I have my heart set on an AV8 or AV9 but I received an interesting email from Arcam today that explains that the processor found in the AVR-600 is indeed an updated version of the AV9 ICS and as such, seems like quite the steal at the $5000 CDN target price and a better option for me as it includes the associated power amp. Apparently a pre pro version of the AVR-600 will be released later in the future and this indeed will be the replacement for the AV9.

I have a baby on the way, due in early December and so I am trying to get my audio system straightened away before then. If the AVR-600 is still due to street in November, I'd like to pre-order it now to be assured of first allocation as I imagine only a handful of units will be initially available.

Cheers.

I would suggest you speak to your local dealer. I have placed a pre-order and managed to get a slight reduction in price at the same time. However, I am overseas, so you may need to see if your local dealer can provide such an arrangement with Arcam. As for timetable, I would be very surprised if it does actually ship in November. I was told "end of Nov, but with new products it is easy to be late by a month or two (my opinion only and not based on input from dealer).

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom