1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to get Component/RGB signal from Sky Digibox?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dwayneburke, May 21, 2004.

1. Dwayneburke

Dwayneburke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible to get Component/RGB signal from Sky Digibox?

Are there any devices i can use to run my sky digibox (not SKY+) and run it with decent signal to my projector as the composite is just not doing it

Do sky+ plus offer any facility for this?

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Sky digiboxes all output RGBs (R, G, B plus sync on composite video). A JS Tech RGB to YUV converter will turn this into component to connect to your projector (some projectors also work with the RGB to VGA box). Some (but not many) of the latest projectors now have a sync connector alongside one of the component inputs so that all you need to do is run a scart to 4 phono cable...

Sky+ is the same, but also has an s-video output (as do a limited number of Grundig plan Sky digiboxes) which is a quick and easy improvement over composite.

3. sapgem

sapgem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Liam,

Which of the new projectors are able to accept RGB this way? Would make connecting Sky+ a whole lot easier.

cheers

gareth

4. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    I wouldn't say it's something you should let swing your decision one way or another but from the top of my head Sim2, ProjectionDesign, Mitsubishi HC2000, Sharp Z12000 etc all have sync connections. Sanyo Z2, infocus X1 NEC HT1100, and quite a few others can accept RGBs from their VGA sockets (requiring an appropriately wired scart to VGA adaptor)