• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

is it possible to connect these things up?

J

jocmac

Hi,
I’ve just bought a LG 42PXD Plasma TV and a LG DVD/CD RECEIVER model LH-T550TB, I’m trying to connect them along with SKY and a vcr. I was hoping to connect them all through the DVD RECEIVER (5.1 home cinema setup).
Inputs and Outputs;
TV
Aerial in and out
Hdmi input
Audio input(single jack)
Rgb input
Variable audio out
Component- video and audio in
S-video in
Composite video in
Audio in
3 scarts( one of which is supposed to be rgb)

DVD
S-video out
Monitor out
Component out (video only)
Composite video in
Audio in
1 scart ( to tv)
there are also speaker and aerial(am & fm) connections
there is also a switch for component or scart

THOMSON SKY DIGIBOX DV3
VCR scart
TV scart
Aerial in
RF out 1&2
Audio jacks (1 & 2 ? )
RS 232 (serial port ? )

Ferguson vcr
1 scart
Audio out

The vcr is just a cheap model, but still need it until the tapes get knackered (very mean)

I realise that the surround sound will only work with DVDs in my setup but the audio from the DVD receiver is still better than the tv.
I know that I’m probably asking a load of daft questions but having only stuck a scart or aerial into a TV before I’m totally lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jock

davepuma

Distinguished Member
I would connect it as follows:-

Sky(TV) to TV via SCART (Note1)
Sky(VCR) to VCR via SCART (Note2)
DVD to TV via component (Note3)
TV (audio out-RCA phono red/white) to the DVD (audio in) via RCA phono (red/white)

That should ensure that whatever you are watching on the TV outputs audio to the all-in-one.

1. Connect to RGB enabled SCART and set Sky to output RGB in video setup
2. Assuming the VCR SCART is input as well as output i.e. do you record Sky on the VCR? If not connect the VCR to the TV via SCART
3. See cableuniverse for good quality cheap one

J

jocmac

Hi there Davepuma,
Many thanks for that, connected it all up as you suggested and it's all working fine now, I had a little problem with the "variable output audio" but discovered that turning off the tv's speakers activates it.
Again, many thanks,
Jock

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom