• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is it possible to change the direction of a S-Video > Scart cable?

Tyler Durden

Distinguished Member
After a change in set up, I need to change the direction of a Scart to S-Video.

Is it possible?

Tyler Durden

Distinguished Member
No, it doesn't.

Isn't there anything I can do internally?

oldnewbie

Established Member
You need to clarify what you need to do this for and what hardware you are using ( eg lcd, dvd, etc ). If a scart lead is fully wired it can send svhs signals along it, I can output my dvd recorder to svhs to my plasma using the scart lead just by selecting the dvd to output svhs and then selecting the plasma to accept svhs. So in principle you should be able to go from a svhs connector to a scart type connector on the other end and vice verse as long as both the sending device and the receiving device can output svhs and receive svhs. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Tyler Durden

Distinguished Member
I am using the SCART end socket on my Humax Freeview box and the S-Vid end on my amp (Pioneer AX4ASi)

So far I can't get a picture, and I remember when buying the cable I had to specify which direction it was going to be sending data. Originally I had the S-Vid end in my DVD and the SCART end in a TV.

Tyler Durden

Distinguished Member
I am trying to avoid buying something else, and yes the Humax definitely has the option of outputting S-VHS.

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
Is this any help? You might just be able to swap some of the pins inside the SCART plug... might not though! Someone more knowledgeable than me will surely come along soon :rolleyes:

Tyler Durden

Distinguished Member
I have just switched the Luminance In (Pin 20) to Luminance Out (Pin 19), which seems to be the only difference between the SVHS SCART Input and the SVHS SCART Output.

So I'll try that in a bit.

Tyler Durden

Distinguished Member
It works! And it was very simple to do too.

Thanks for the link it that diagram Sanders79.

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
Nice one! Glad it worked out for you - no point shelling out for new cables unnecessarily :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom