Is it possible to change the colour of a Subwoofer (BK)

-=Rob=-

I'm in the middle of re-doing my home cinema / lounge and I'm getting new furniture. My current BK XLS200 is black ash, I love the finish but would like it in a dark oak colour now to match my room. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the colour of the cabinet, or would it be easier to do a trade or sell and get a new one?

Thanks...

DodgeTheViper

Changing from Black Ash to Dark Oak, not many options there i'm afraid. How are you with a paint brush ?

-=Rob=-

Wasn't sure if anyone has asked BK to do this before? I think a brush is not the way to go, especially with my brush skills!!

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Sticky-backed "veneer" on a roll ? Some people have done it.

DodgeTheViper

Sticky-backed "veneer" on a roll ? Some people have done it.
If that is an option that the OP fancies trying, i would look at the stuff available from car accessory suppliers. Car modders use it on dash boards etc. It's finally finished off with a hair dryer to help it adhere to the contours etc, so it may be better for finishing off those rounded edges of the sub :smashin:

larkone

Find a good local decorator that can do wood graining and get him to do it.

-=Rob=-

I think if I try anything like modifying it may end up looking crap or tacky! I'll give BK a call or maybe use it as an excuse to upgrade to a 400 :)

Trending threads

Top Bottom