• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is it possible to buy Xbox Live games as gifts?

ParmMann

Established Member
Am I not seeing it, or is there currently no way to buy Xbox Live stuff for other people?

With Christmas coming up, I thought buying a few digital games for friends would solve a few presents, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.

Would love to buy Portal: Still Alive for my sister who lives abroad, is there anyway I can purchase it using my points and have it gifted to her gamertag?

Am I not seeing it, or is there currently no way to buy Xbox Live stuff for other people?

With Christmas coming up, I thought buying a few digital games for friends would solve a few presents, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.

Would love to buy Portal: Still Alive for my sister who lives abroad, is there anyway I can purchase it using my points and have it gifted to her gamertag?

Either credit her gamercard with some points by sending her the code or sign in as her on xbox.com and credit the account and do the downloading from that.

If she joins you as apart of the family deal then I am sure you can share points via that.

ParmMann

Established Member
Ah, thought that might be the case. Points it is then.

Quite surprised Microsoft hasn't introduced this functionality, seems an obvious way to sell more games - particularly over the Christmas period.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Apple do this in iTunes.

I can't remember if it's just for apps or whether it's all content in the iTunes store, but I've definitely seen a "Gift this" button.

Noggleboggleman

Prominent Member
It's a great idea - I'd definitely use it as Christmas and birthday pressies for my brother.

Ico.

Prominent Member
Ah, thought that might be the case. Points it is then.

Quite surprised Microsoft hasn't introduced this functionality, seems an obvious way to sell more games - particularly over the Christmas period.

Shame but Portal is only 400 points this week as a promotion instead of the usual 1200 points.:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom