1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to buy a 32" without a cabinat?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by rvd48, Jan 12, 2004.

1. rvd48

rvd48

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im going to buy a 32" in the near future, the thing is that i dont need a stand as a have a surface top to place it on.

everywhere i look, i only see tv's with cabinats, i know they cost about £50 odd (varies) for a 32" , its a exspense that i dont want as i will never never it from its packaging.

where can i buy a tv without a cabinat?

2. Dan666

Dan666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Try www.unbeatable.co.uk - items in their range are usually listed as 'with' or 'without cabinet'.

3. mxs

mxs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    most stands are thrown in on the deal anyway! so chances are you will not get a discount for not wanting the stand.

You could always sell on the stand through the classifieds:D

4. bobgriffiths

bobgriffiths

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most brands of tv for example Panasonic/sony etc the stand is free to the retailer and it only fits that set properly.It is useless to the dealer and so you wont find much discount for not wanting the stand.this is true for Sony UK or Panasonic UK if the sets are imported from europe often the retailer can request them without cabinet.
    Philips supplies tv's with or without cabinets.

I personaly would get the tv with the cabinet (most are flat packed)i would put the cabinet in the loft or some other space for when i come to upgrade or sell the set i can sell the set with the cabinet or use it on its stand in another room .
    I did this with four sets i have owned

hope this helps BOB

5. GlennP

GlennP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Philips 32pw9618 comes without a cabinet/stand which is an optional extra.