• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is It Possible.Please Help

camcroft

Distinguished Member
Hi.I have been streaming my music using Bluetooth from my pc to a QED U-Play puck connected to my stereo and it works well.I recently bought the new version of the new U-Play which has its own outputs so that you have a choice of how to connect it to other equipment.I connected it in the same manner as I did with the old one and the sound was not as good so I changed back to the old one.The new one has got an optical output but my amp hasnt got an input for optical/digital.I was wondering if I could connect this to my cd players optical output.Is there anyway to make this work before I pack the new U-Play up to send back and of course lose money.Thanks for any help

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
Your QED U-player's digital output has to be connected to another device's digital optical input to effect communication. Your amp doesn't have an optical input, nor does your CD player - it only has an output to allow it to send a digital optical signal to another device's digital optical input.

If you don't like your new U-play puck, you'll need to return it for a refund.

camcroft

Distinguished Member
Thanks.Mark

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom