Is it possible HDMI-in/Component out

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by shinny, Sep 19, 2007.

1. shinny

shinny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Toshiba HD-A35 (planning to get it when its available) hdmi to Onkyo 805, then output video to Pioneer plasma via component. Is it doable? The reason I prefer component over hdmi for output is that I had component cable prewired already in the room. It will be a pain in the butt if I need rewire the room with HDMI since I need find some HMDI cable with the length of 75 feet :mad:

:lease:

2. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    component is analogue, hdmi is digital, so unlikely unless it converts

3. stringbean

stringbean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    No amps can do HDMI to component conversion. The inclusion of HDCP in the HDMI/DVI specs means that there must be end to end content protection (which component cannot provide).

4. shinny

shinny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot for the info :thumbsup:. Is there an alternative way to get Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio besides the HDMI connection? If not, I guess I need to find some nice deals on te HDMI cable. :D

5. spanky2k

spanky2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Does your plasma have an HDMI connector? If the cable's already run for component you could always do it the cave man way. Tie the HDMI cable to the bottom end of the component cable securely then pull on the top end of the cable until the component's through and you're left with the HDMI in place. ;)

6. shinny

shinny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brilliant!!!:thumbsup: I will definately give a try. My plasma has two HDMI ports. I just try to see if I can get both video and audio at their best quality without HDMI connection. If I am not wrong, component is no worse, if not the best, than HDMI for video.

7. Tony Lazzerini

Tony Lazzerini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +240
    You have to go HDMI to get the best quality - it's part of the content copy-protection deal. Component is perfectly capable of carrying 1080p, but the manufacturers aren't allowed to do it on consumer stuff. (Fine for professional gear though!)

Tony

8. piros

piros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +408
    This is one problem I have, my TV has no hdmi connection, so I have to run component through amp to tv, I think I will have to upgrade to the XE1 for the analogue connections as I am after a projector first but would want HD sound throughout :cool:

9. shinny

shinny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried the cave man method, no luck for me :mad: -- I can't pull the component cable out no matter how hard I tried. Just had another thought -- HD-A35 component-in to 805 for video, HDMI-in to 805 for audio; then componet out from 805 to TV. Basically use both analogue and digital output from the dvd player. Will this work?
    :lease:

10. musicman1999

musicman1999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not run component from dvd to tv,no need to go to reciever.

bill

11. shinny

shinny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0