Is it posible?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by LFCTURNER, Aug 10, 2006.

1. LFCTURNER

LFCTURNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, the fun continues after the disaster that was going wireless i have now proven my microsoft adapter works after all. So it doesnt seem to like my router DI-624+ which sucks I should have bought just DI-624 it seems.

Microsoft recommend this Linksys BEFW11S4 4-Port 11Mbps Wireless Cable Router for £40 is good value..........but.........but

I would like to have the MN-700 microsoft base station can you by these in the UK or if I buy from the states would that work here. Going on the theory that if microsoft isn't compatible with microsoft then we should all give up?

2. ahin4114

ahin4114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I can't be sure, but I think that different wireless frequencies are used in different places around the world. Many different wireless adaptors have asked me to select the country I'm in. I've had adaptors which default to the US (doesn't everything) which wouldn't connect until I set the locale to UK.

Like I said, I don't know this for a fact, but it may be worth googling to find out for sure.

Tony

3. ShadowmanUK

ShadowmanUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Linksys and D-Link, two brands that I dont rate (Dlink are the better of the two)

Just buy Netgear (models on my site for Cable and ADSL Customers) you wont have any bother with Netgear and the official adaptor or any other.

4. Northerner76

Northerner76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I have the DL-624 - works fine with LIVE. I use the DLink DWL-G810 wireless game adpater connected to the Xbox.
    Get the occasional disconnect but other than that it works perfect.
    As for the Microsoft MN-700 - you shouldn't really need to buy that... I recommend my mates who are signing up to LIVE to visit Shadowman UK site - it's really useful - so I would take his advice if I were you :eek:)

5. LFCTURNER

LFCTURNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DI-624+ is different guys from 624, D-link have confirmed this will not work with xbox 360 but will work with xbox.

Off to PC world for a new router for me