1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it ok to use DPLII on non surround sound games?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Proto Omega, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Proto Omega

Proto Omega
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    about 85% of ps2 games are usually just in stereo. However I have a 7.1 surround sound system and usually ouput theses games and anything else thats just stereo to either DPLII or Neo6 (which of these two formats is better anyway?)
    and it plays the sound through all seven speakers rather than just the front left and right. Does this help with non surround sound games?

Like what does it play through the rest of the speakers? like are the left side speakers acting as the left front speaker and right side speakers acting as the front right speaker? or do the rest just play in all the sounds from both the left and right front speakers? Do you guys set it to DPLII or Neo6 on non surround sound games as well?

2. Sarah Nya

Sarah Nya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I always have it on DPLII for non surround games, I think it just splits the stereo signal between the speakers.

Not sure about a 7.1 setup though but it sounds decent in 5.1 although it's no match for the real thing! Also if you have 7.1 isn't it DPLIIx you can use?

Oh and I'm not sure if Neo is any better, I can't tell much difference to be honest you're best switching it between the 2 and deciding what you like best!