Is It Meee. Or Are We All The Same ??

metin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if I am the only one with this problem.
When I am watching a DVD movie the Vocals seems too low and the ACTION scenes seem too loud! when I turn up the vol so i can HEAR what people are saying, I have to RUSH to turn down the vol when there ia a action scene. I tried explaining this to my nephew at the weekend, but he said action scenes should naturally be louder than vocal scenes!!I have tried turning up the CENTRE sat speaker to +6.DB buit it doesn't seem to work. With all this tech I have is there anyway I can format the Denon 2807 amp so I do not have to hold the remote all nite when watching a film ????

Thanks
metin.

Do you also turn down the fronts and rears when you increase the centre channel? and have you got it set up correctly in the denon set up procedure? small/large etc....

I looked thru the user manuel and I used large and small, not really much diff.
I just think that with all this technology I have at my disposal, there must be a way of controlling this, is this the same for you when you watch a movie?

I was watching Lord of the rings (return of the king) and the amount of times I had to turn the vol up and then down! esp when the battle at minas tirith!

There must be a balance here ??? Or am I wrong :suicide:

I know what you mean. I have calibrated and recalibrated my Denon 3803/Kef Eggs using a sound meter. All the speakers are balanced correctly. Action movies are too loud. When I am alone, this is not a big problem, but when with the Mrs, the volume is forever being adjusted up and down. I think that is just the way the sound engineers wanted it.

Many thanks for your advice:)

It just seems strange that this cannot be controlled, I just spoke to Denon and they advise to use Surrond parametre and go to D.Comp (compression audio) apparantly this adjusts the sounds according to actiona dn vocal, it has 4 settings Off, Low, Mid and High, does your amp have this and does it work?

I saw your set-up and still do not understand Zone2 set-up on my amp, do you know what it is for? Also, how do you get your set-up link to your signature.

Thanks
Metin.

I might be wrong but I think the D.Comp (dynamic compression) option has the effect of squishing some of the frequences, making the vocals and special effects more equal in volume (I could be talking rubbish). I don't use it because I like to listen to the soundtrack as it was recorded. (For the same reason, I don't use any of the Stadium, Jazz Club etc... settings.). Mrs doesn't know about the D.Comp setting, or else I am sure it would be permanently on.

The Zone2 feature is very cool. It allows you to use the amp to feed a second display and/or amplifier. This lets you watch either the same source in both locations, or different sources. So for e.g., the Mrs can watch Sky in the kitchen, whilst I watch a DVD in the lounge or vice versa.

To insert a link select the icon from the text editor when you are creating your signature.

The compression feature does exactly what has been said. It reduices the difference between the very loud a quiet parts to make it more suitable for home viewing/listening.

It is fairly easy to change on my amp so I adjust it depending on time of night etc. Makes a big diff imo.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom