Is it me??

freddyuk

Standard Member
I had a Nokia N95 18 months ago after upgrading via Vodaphone. Very happy with the phone as easy to use and i got free internet so used it as a dongle. The only gripe was it did not charge from the laptop. Never got into games or stuff as that is not what i need.
I just upgraded again and got an N85 on the basis it was similar model so should work the same and it was smaller and lighter.
My only question to the shop boy was does it use the same Nokia charger plug as we have them all set up for cars, home etc.
"What the thin pin one..." Yes that's it. "Oh yes same plug" ...he said.

So i get it home and try to find the charging socket! No chance. Go online and find out hooray! it charges from the laptop but the damn mains plug is a mini usb so even the old N95 usb connector does not fit.
Back to square one now with no chargers.
Not only that i can't send texts ???? Why , i havn't a clue.
Why is it so difficult.
I am going back to the store on Monday and demanding a free car charger at the very least. They also put me on a new contract even though i am not changing anything. Do i need to do that?

Jeez i just get so frustrated:mad:

Uridium

I had a Nokia N95 18 months ago after upgrading via Vodaphone. Very happy with the phone as easy to use and i got free internet so used it as a dongle. The only gripe was it did not charge from the laptop. Never got into games or stuff as that is not what i need.
I just upgraded again and got an N85 on the basis it was similar model so should work the same and it was smaller and lighter.
My only question to the shop boy was does it use the same Nokia charger plug as we have them all set up for cars, home etc.
"What the thin pin one..." Yes that's it. "Oh yes same plug" ...he said.

So i get it home and try to find the charging socket! No chance. Go online and find out hooray! it charges from the laptop but the damn mains plug is a mini usb so even the old N95 usb connector does not fit.
Back to square one now with no chargers.
Not only that i can't send texts ???? Why , i havn't a clue.
Why is it so difficult.
I am going back to the store on Monday and demanding a free car charger at the very least. They also put me on a new contract even though i am not changing anything. Do i need to do that?

Jeez i just get so frustrated:mad:
Ha ha...

People have been moaning at Nokia for years about the lack of charging over USB. Must admit yours is the first I've seen having a moan about it;)

On the plus side the MicroUSB on your new phone is now the agreed new standard that all the major phone makers (apart from Apple surprise surprise) are going to use.

Nokia, Samsung, SE, Motorola + others...

RobM

Distinguished Member
On the plus side the MicroUSB on your new phone is now the agreed new standard that all the major phone makers (apart from Apple surprise surprise) are going to use.
Apple are signed up as well :)

To the OP... welcome to the new world where MicroUSB rules and all else can go blow! Stock up on MicroUSB car chargers, USB cables and mains chargers as from now on, you'll be getting a lot of use from them.

Damn good thing IMO, to prevent the exact frustration you're feeling now.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom