Is it me, or is everyone buying the Panasonic TH-42PWD6??

Gillsfan

Ex Member
Reaction score
Just bought one myself and thought it might be a good idea to get some tips on connections coz I did the usual amateur thing a bought one with a scart board.

Well, anyway after reading umpteen threads on the subject you notice that most people seem own or be getting one!

I toyed with the idea of going for a higher res screen but figured it would spend most of its time on sky anyway.

Just thought I'd post that.

Also, Whats the best all-in-one remote I can get to controll my AV setup including the plasma, sony receiver/amp, sony DVD player, Telewest digibox, lights.. etc.

Any other setup tips?

i am getting one too! Best remote in most peoples mind is the pronto or a derivative. Personally i like the look of the meridian msr+.

As far as other tips..... if you dont have avia or dve..... get a copy so you can calibrate properly :)

ad

For Calibration I have a DVD called DVD GOLD.

Its mainly used for sound purposes, but it can be handy for viewing issues.

Where can I pick up avia or dve and how much is it?

I think you can get hold of both discs directly through our vey own powerbuy forum.

all the best

ad

Welcome to the 42PWD6 club - it is indeed a mighty fine plasma.
There's loads of screen setting advice in this forum - just do a search and take it from there. If you have a DVD with component output, get either a lektropak cable (for about 30 quid) and feed this via the VGA input.

don't forget to turn the contrast and brightness down for the first 100 hours...

also Philips Pronto is a great remote got my TSU3000 (PU950) directly from the states for a very good price. Can do anything you want it to...... :smashin:

and your right everybody is getting the panny great screen may be we should have our own section :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom