Is it me or has Sky been crap today?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by the_sanguine, Dec 25, 2004.

1. the_sanguine

the_sanguine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have to say that I've not found one decent programme on Sky today. What am I paying £40 a month for?

Anything decent on tomorrow?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Bugger all on the BBC channels, what am I paying £121 for?
    Oh hang on, I don't have a choice if I want to watch anyother broadcast telly!

SKY have never made a big deal about christmas, in fact the majority of the weekly series take a break over the holidays. Similar story to the majority of the third party channels on Dsat and Cable and even the terrestrial channels pack the schedules with movies on christmas day.

So in regards to your question, I have no idea why you are paying £40 (why £40, what package is that?) and if you really think that one day is a good indicator of the whole service then subscription telly is really not for you:)

As for Boxing day, you have a 7 day EPG with full channel listings and only you know what you consider to be worth watching:)

3. the_sanguine

the_sanguine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I take the whole package. £40 was a guestimate, dunno the exact price now. My point was though that I normally find something of interest but spent most of the day flicking around trying to find something of interest. In the end I put an Eric Clapton DVD on....

4. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,962
    There was nothing on BBC1/BBC2/ITV/Channel4 either so I ended up watching DVDs all night.

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The best show so far was the Morecombe and Wise Christmas Show 1976, which was aired this morning, not seen in its entirety for 28 years. The old jokes still had me laughing. The technical quality may not have been good in 1976, but the quality of the performers was. Today, digital TV's motto is "Never mind the quality, feel the width".

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The only thing I watched (well recorded) on terrestrial was The Simpsons Christmas Message and that was seriously dissapointing:(
    As for the channels on SKY I only watched a couple of hours of Soccer AM before the family gathered for dinner.

It's been a long long time since christmas day was the day we all settled down to watch the big xmas movie and the specials:)

7. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

:eek:
    I would have watched that myself if I had known it was on, don't even consider the BBC as a decent source of entertainment these days so rarely go through their listings in any depth.
    Oh well, at least we are doing well in the cricket..........

8. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Got the agree with Starburst with the Simpsons Christmas Message, so bad I don't know why they bothered.

John

9. davidcotton

davidcotton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Didn't really have time yesterday to sit and watch the tv. When I did there was still a load on the ole sky plus box to get through (at least 8 episodes of Alias to go!). Failing that I still have the LOTR Return of the king extended edition to watch.