Is it me or has PSP development stagnated?

tgl

Novice Member
Does anyone know what new add-on's/accessories will be coming our way for the PSP? Like PSP grips to avoid hand-strain. That sort of thing.

I was kind of expecting a rash of new stuff for the PSP, but shops and website alike are just talking Xbox360 :rolleyes:

Stinja

I think TGL was asking about new hardware(?).

Well theres obviously Talkman, which has only be given the Japanese release. There's been some positive comments, and i'm thinking of getting it if its useful for tripping about Europe (we get French/German/Spanish/Italian).

And the rumoured keyboard is still meant to be coming out, next month IIRC.

Not heard much about anything else.

robo989

Banned
"Fight Night 3, Tomb Raider and Gran Turismo not enough?"

No its not enough

You think it is? Apart from the fact they're not even out...duuuhhhhhhhh

Yep, psp development has stagnated, well it never really got going did it?

Unless someone manages to develop a new loader so I can play my legally made iso's of games I will buy if its made then I'm selling the damn thing pretty soon :)

I said this would happen back in october, it would become just like the gameboy advance, some great titles at launch, well not great, but full bodied proper games...

then just total crap, games that resemble skeletons, even the so called good games are crap...

except the RPGs :)

dodger747

Novice Member
Have to agree, I am seriously considering selling my psp so I can buy myself a DS Lite.

At least there are some original, well thought out games that are suited to the platform and not just some mindless, money making franchise game as the psp appears to be repeatedly churning out.

/rant over:mad: :mad:

rss

tis a shame really as the PSP is a very nice piece of kit. The last game I bought was Socom which is actually rather good especially on wi-fi multiplayer.

But we haven't really seen any killer games for it yet which is a bit disappointing as I've had mine now since Japanese launch.

colonel_butt

Novice Member
All the PSP games are rehashes. Really disappointing. Hot shots/everyman golf is good. Wipe out is good. GTA is good if you like that sort of thing (sends me off to sleep). The hardware is really wasted. I mean for proper online multiplayer racing you have to xbox360 it with gotham or nintendoDS it with mario kart. Sony, pls WAKEUP!!!

(I have all three - Sony PSP is gathering dust - anyone make a reasonable offer for it!)

robo989

Banned
Aye all too true...

To be honest, I usually have mine at firmware 2.0 these days and use it to play rips of my dvds in avc format on the train to see me girlfriend, listen to the odd tune normally sends me to sleep so can get the jorney over asap....

thats about it...

I was stupid enough to by pro evo 5 for it a while back...

Its terrible, the frame rate is a complete joke and its nearly impossible to control, can't see enough of the pitch...it all seems like that tbh.

tgl

Novice Member
robo989 said:
Aye all too true...

To be honest, I usually have mine at firmware 2.0 these days and use it to play rips of my dvds in avc format on the train to see me girlfriend, listen to the odd tune normally sends me to sleep so can get the jorney over asap....

thats about it...

I was stupid enough to by pro evo 5 for it a while back...

Its terrible, the frame rate is a complete joke and its nearly impossible to control, can't see enough of the pitch...it all seems like that tbh.

Exactly. That's all mine is used for now. I'm tempted to just sell it on and go back to the DS. The graphics aren't as hot as the PSP, but then again, who cares if the games are sub-standard ports of old PS games :mad:

Basically Sony have yet again taken people's money and done a runner, must like the old car salesman. Actually, history goes further back than the automobile, otherwise the latin phrase Caveat Emptor would never have been bandied around.

Shame on you Sony!

a_friend

dodger747 said:
Have to agree, I am seriously considering selling my psp so I can buy myself a DS Lite.

At least there are some original, well thought out games that are suited to the platform and not just some mindless, money making franchise game as the psp appears to be repeatedly churning out.

/rant over:mad: :mad:

my Lite has been on pre-order for about two weeks my PSP is in need of that oinball game i loved on the Amiga so much

clarky78

a_friend said:
my Lite has been on pre-order for about two weeks my PSP is in need of that oinball game i loved on the Amiga so much

Pinball Fantasies?

If Sony are selling this console at a loss, which i hear, then what be the sense of 'doing a runner'? They need to sell games to recover their loses.

love pro evo5 works great off a memstick on 1.5, love hotshots golf, GTA is a great conversion, wipeout is great.

Best thing is running PMP video files at the FULL UMD 480x272 resolution of all my favourite movies, from the memstick cant tell the difference between them and a UMD.

So a Top range video player, music player photo display and some really great games plus more to come for £170

hmm what a waste of money...................not.

Practically All games are some sort of rehash not too many original games on Xbox 360? The DS wow can play a game with a pen , plus more old mario and metroid rehashes.

C

captain kirk

think its a tad too early to condem the psp. Look how long the ps has been around now, i think the psp has plenty of life yet, and maybe the psp may infact go up in price once some decent stuff is made for it.

:D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom