• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is it me or are you strugging with setting up ?

flyer

Established Member
:oops: 4 years ago I converted my garage into a home cinema room, Projector/DVD/AMP etc all set up with component and scart,

and now with a new system its like setting up a PC. All items talk to one another, everything is highly technical.

Don't get me wrong I am 44 years old and have a lot of gadgits, iphone, tom tom etc. However when I started to set up the Pioneer 919/Kef 3005's and 320 Blu - ray to a Samsung LED..................... I thought wow I need to take a day off work!

Maybe its just me but I certainly under estimated the "set up", perhaps I should have had it installed!!

Better go, only on page 36 of the instructions...lol

Flyer :clap:

:oops: 4 years ago I converted my garage into a home cinema room, Projector/DVD/AMP etc all set up with component and scart,

and now with a new system its like setting up a PC. All items talk to one another, everything is highly technical.

Don't get me wrong I am 44 years old and have a lot of gadgits, iphone, tom tom etc. However when I started to set up the Pioneer 919/Kef 3005's and 320 Blu - ray to a Samsung LED..................... I thought wow I need to take a day off work!

Maybe its just me but I certainly under estimated the "set up", perhaps I should have had it installed!!

Better go, only on page 36 of the instructions...lol

Flyer :clap:

Perhaps I am looking at it too simplistically but essentially once I would have used Scart now I use HDMI.

Usually HDMI alone suffices except for the likes of Sky+HD when you need an additional optical or coax connection.

The "talking to each other" seems to happen in the background and requires no intervention from me.

BTW I am 52 so you are a spring chicken.

Last edited:

flyer

Established Member
William

The problem with me is I don't read instruction books, unless I have too!!!

I need to slow down and pay more attention.

Flyer

I will admit to reading the manual only when I get stuck.

You read them quite often then? :D :hiya:

Uh I am so hurt, apart from my biamping issue which is supposedly being looked at by Sony Tokyo Engineering Dept I haven't looked at the 2400 manual.

How do you turn it on? I only ask in case my Harmony breaks.:rotfl:

dante01

Distinguished Member
How do you turn it on? I only ask in case my Harmony breaks.:rotfl:

You need a tennis ball. Throw it at the big button on the front of the amp when you want to turn it on or off. With a little practice, you can get the angle such that the ball bounces off your ducks and back into your hand ;)

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom