is it me or are people STILL cheating?

patton

Established Member
Reaction score
I know when Modern Warfare came out people can hack and get care package after care package but i thought they fixed it but still it goes on. Tonight i went on the game was looking forward to playing after a few days away and straight away the first few maps on sabotage and people with only 2 or 3 kills were calling in air stikre after air strike and helicopters its getting passed a joke i quit all the time and after only 25 minutes of playing i turned the game off in anger.

How are these morons still managing to cheat and hack why on earth hasnt the game makers been able to solve this??

I'll be honest, I'm nearly 8 playing days in and I've never seen this. The only cheating I've seen was a few people playing outside the map, I haven't even noticed any boosters!

Ive not noticed anything like that for a few months. Sure there just not getting fast kill streaks?

Can you carry killstreaks over on Sabotage? Maybe they were hardlining.

Coulda been what Leumas suggested.

Just wondering though, do you play it on Hackedbox or PS3?

i was playing TDM friday night and the opposition called a
predator in.

the scores were 100 - 100 at that time so no way they could have hod one without cheating.

i play on PS3 its deffinately still going on i get it alot where people just seem to get care package after care package when they have no score its really annoying and ruinning a good game...

I did wonder about the care package drops and frequency of them. Boosting is definitely still going on and with defenders too. Met some on ESTATE playing domination last night. Rich pickings, 21-9, job done, i loved hunting them down :smashin:.

crumb726

Caught 2 boosters on GW last week, then 2 more yesterday on Domination, Terminal map - though they only boosted for killstreaks (up to Pavelow) behind the metal detectors, then played properly after that.

What's the point, there's absolutely no achievement whatsoever.

I only play TDM and don't find these problems. I do remember once that a guy got pavelow when the scores were 500 each, but that easily could have been through a care package.
However, i do hear alot of people complain about this on other modes, so it must possible. But don't know how they do it.

I only play TDM and don't find these problems. I do remember once that a guy got pavelow when the scores were 500 each, but that easily could have been through a care package.
However, i do hear alot of people complain about this on other modes, so it must possible. But don't know how they do it.

I've seen people boosting in TDM's as well, it's usually FFA's but it does happen in all games modes to a lesser extent.

Seen loads in tdm. The worst was a fella who was constantly following me round (he was on my team) and the person who had the same clan tag would kill us both all the time. The chap on my side was just following me, no attempts to kill anyone, but kept just firing random shots off so his bum buddy would know where we were :thumbsdow

Love the spawn boosters as chasing them in FFA games is one of my fave things to do, I get some lovely abusive psn messages :D

Last edited:
i get messages from people asking me to boost alot but i get no fun out of the game so i dont really do it

I very much doubt that there is still any glitch in the game which allows calling in multiple care packages without earning them... If there were a way to do this you would see it alot, and it would be easily as noticeable as it was last time.

Also, with regards to getting CP without getting enough kills im almost certain that even when the CP glitch did exist you still had to get the first one legitimately but then you could just keep calling them in after that.

CP can also be called in after 3 kills using hardline so can be earned within the first 10-30 seconds of the game quite easily (with a lucky semtex or something)...

Last edited:
People have only just recently worked out how to hack the PS3 version of MW2 and started using hacks exactly like those that can be done with a jtag xbox. eg. super speed hack etc. It is alot rarer though and I haven't seen it on PS3

i get messages from people asking me to boost alot but i get no fun out of the game so i dont really do it

Don't really do it?

I've never had a single message asking me to boost, probably because i'm usually chasing them with tubes and an RPG :rotfl:

It used to be fun on cage matches going in and agreeing to boost as long as you could go first. Then when you reached 5 or 10 and it was there turn just keep killing them and listen to them cry.

It used to be fun on cage matches going in and agreeing to boost as long as you could go first. Then when you reached 5 or 10 and it was there turn just keep killing them and listen to them cry.

OK Boys here this...

Got a guy on my PSN list callled Ryan Reynolds, he is a damn good player as well

Anyway on Friday night he sent me a msg saying if I wanna play a glitched lobby join his game. I didn't join as I didn't want to get my PS3 infected with the glitch as I was unsure if it worked like that (it does on 360).

I sent him a message asking what the glitched lobby was playing and he said 'speed hack' and 'thermonuclear war'.

I didn't quiz him any more as football was about to start.

But clearly the PS3 has been hacked as they were playing game modes hidden on the disk.

Also you need to start watching killcams, if you see someone that shows as their 3rd perk being empty it means they have hacked it to have 4 perks instead of 3. The guy who I saw said he had ninja pro and commando pro on.

Also you need to start watching killcams, if you see someone that shows as their 3rd perk being empty it means they have hacked it to have 4 perks instead of 3. The guy who I saw said he had ninja pro and commando pro on.

Really?

I've seen this a handful of times in my near 16 days playing. Always wondered what it was. It just displays as "None" with a grey box and a white diagonal line through it.

Or am I ********ting?

Really?

I've seen this a handful of times in my near 16 days playing. Always wondered what it was. It just displays as "None" with a grey box and a white diagonal line through it.

Or am I ********ting?

no that's the 4th perk hack you're not imagining it!

I sent him a message asking what the glitched lobby was playing and he said 'speed hack' and 'thermonuclear war'.

I was playing some glitched matches at the weekend - they are only possible in private though, I don't think you can hack any of the public games... but sometimes it does seem a bit suspicious.

I was playing a public TDME game last week, I'd got care package and sentry gun selected as two of my killstreaks. I got enough kills for the sentry, placed it, then called in the care package and got another sentry, so called that in too (so I had two sentries sat next to each other). Someone on my team sent me a message asking how I'd managed to do a "sentry gun cheat" :facepalm:

I was playing some glitched matches at the weekend - they are only possible in private though, I don't think you can hack any of the public games... but sometimes it does seem a bit suspicious.

I was playing a public TDME game last week, I'd got care package and sentry gun selected as two of my killstreaks. I got enough kills for the sentry, placed it, then called in the care package and got another sentry, so called that in too (so I had two sentries sat next to each other). Someone on my team sent me a message asking how I'd managed to do a "sentry gun cheat" :facepalm:

Yeah, i was under the impression that the glitched lobbies were only available in prvate matches and as i havent seen anyone in public lobbies using a speed hack or playing global thermonuclear war, i would say that it can only be done in private matches, as for the 4th perk i never watch killcams so i suppose it might be possible, but is it not also possible that no perk is selected?

Thats plain nasty; I've seen some guys using a blank 3rd spot perk and seen them going 20-0, wondering why they'd choose to only drop one perk. (dropping all 3 makes sense if you've not got the Title).

The early OP posts I was wondering if it was just a case of Hardline, or a case of carrying over streaks into the next round of an objective game. But going by Auditors post, maybe, just maybe...

The only other cheat I see is the modded controller; an automatic Fal is a pain in the ***

Thats plain nasty; I've seen some guys using a blank 3rd spot perk and seen them going 20-0, wondering why they'd choose to only drop one perk. (dropping all 3 makes sense if you've not got the Title).

The early OP posts I was wondering if it was just a case of Hardline, or a case of carrying over streaks into the next round of an objective game. But going by Auditors post, maybe, just maybe...

The only other cheat I see is the modded controller; an automatic Fal is a pain in the ***

Yep it's a defo hack you can't not select a 3rd perk, or any other perks you have to have 3 perks selected.

I've had a guy doing it admit to me using 4 perks so I know for certain it can be done I just don't think it's very widespread.

Pretty sure one of the teams in the Machinima Frag Cup got banned for uploading a vid where one of them had 4 perks on, he had hardline and stopping power from memory

How do you drop your perks to begin with?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom