1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it likely that the yamaha 2400 will outperform my Pioneer VSX 2011?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Ninjaman, Aug 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Ninjaman

Ninjaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ok, when i bought my Pioneer last year I was thrill to bits with the performance. However, for a while now I am a bit bored and realised that there are areas where there is alot of room for improvement especially in surround or stereo.

Originally, I had a Yamaha 795a and the 5.1 performance good ambience, precise and all involving in surround sound. I now find the pioneer a bit flat, uninspiring and direct compared to yamaha in surround. And thats the main reason I still have the yamaha in the living room. However, the one area that the pioneer excels is in analog 6-channel mode.

Currently, the yamaha 2400 is at £650 which is £70 less than Pioneer. I am seriously thinking about changing/ upgrading my receiver?

On paper, the Yamaha has better features: audio delay , 8 channel multichanel external, video upconversion and 120w*7 and 2 subwoofer terminals. While the pioneer has usb 2.0 audio.

Do you think its a wise move? before I have an audition.

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I wouldn't do it. The move one one receiver to another in a similar price bracket is unlikey to give significant gains. If you want to improve performance, depending on your speakers, I would consider a power amp.

You have run MCACC haven't you and realise you can tweak those settings as much as you like? The last way I would describe my 2011 is flat and uninspired.