is it illegal to sell clone receivers?

Tommy Teapot

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

just a quick question, is it illegal to sell cloned receivers ie vu+ duo etc? im not looking to buy one nor sell one in anyway, its just im in dispute with a company regarding a refund due to them sending me cloned devices.

thread can be found here on this website.

thanks

Hi

How were they advertised?

As genuine or not?

A brief read of your link says you paid by Mastercard you will almost certainly be in luck

Contact your credit card company and state you wish to invoke a chargeback under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

This works because all parties to the transaction are equal.

Eg you have a contract with Mastercard and with the seller

Mastercard have a contract with the purchaser and you.

Make a chargeback and supply them with the details

It will take circa 30 to 60 days I have used it twice

Once when I purchased ITV digital prepaid and it went bust

Again when I purchased a turbo for my Ford Focus and it didnt fit my car even thought they were adamant it did - even after I returned the goods.

I completed a form with the details and 60 days later got the money back

Good luck

A Dreambox/VU clone is a fake product. A counterfeit. It's as simple as that.

Some sellers think they can label it a clone and advertise it as such and that is that. The manufacturer and the law will disagree as the product is 'passing off' on their brand name.

You will find in the next few months that clone 'Dreamboxes' will slowly disappear off the shelves and they will be labelled by their Chinese brand names 'Sunray' or 'NewDVB' for that very reason.

At the end of the day if you buy a product labelled as a Dreambox clone for a third of the price then you have in some way knowingly bought it as such.

The VU's were recently cloned and they are also taking action against counterfeiters. The clones are known to have dodgy psu's so you really do get what you pay for.

When it comes to clones, the best advice is generally stay away and don't bother.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom