Is it advisable to keep to one brand for everything when buying a tv+blue ray player

jigmeister2

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I Just got a gt30 panasonic 3d plasma tv. Thinking about getting a blue ray player but I'm wondering would it be better to get another brand i.e. a sony blue ray player so i can use thats different smart features as well as the panasonic's smart features i have already on my set

do they link up for some benefits if you stick to one brand?

thanks

There's no benefit and you should purchase the best player you can afford regardless of brand. A Blu-ray is a Blu-ray regardless of who makes it.

As dante01 said, a blu ray is a blu ray which some have a bit more than others and some a bit better at the job. so yes get the best you can afford.
The only benefit of sticking to one brand is that you could probably use 1 remote for both, but then you could get a harmony one remote for that and control everything else too :).

The only benefit of sticking to one brand is that you could probably use 1 remote for both, but then you could get a harmony one remote for that and control everything else too :).

Even then, HDMI CEC will enable one manufacturers remote to control another makes product's basic functions. Most remotes now have the ability to control other manufacturers basic function even without HDMI CEC being enabled and via IR.

If serious about it and you've a lot of kit then yes, a learning remote such as one of Logitech's Harmony remotes is a must ;)

Don't get drawn into the Anynet, Bravia this that and the other fog the manufacturers have created. These are all actually HDMI CEC and not proprietary control systems. They all work in conjunction with other brands.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom