Is it a good idea to do this when building a new PC?

Brandaman

Standard Member
I want to build my own PC, but I'm on a bit of a budget. I came up with some ideas for parts and stuff, but I was thinking about not getting a graphics card straight away.

The processor I was thinking of getting is the Intel i5 2500k, which has Intel's newest integrated graphics. I know integrated graphics aren't good for gaming and stuff, but I thought it would be okay, considering the game I play on PC most at the moment is Minecraft :D.

I was wondering, how do you use integrated graphics? How do you set it up? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

andy1249

Distinguished Member
The integrated graphics on the new processors are not nearly as good as a standalone card , intel suck and graphics and by the looks of things always will , its something they just dont seem to get.

The integrated graphics will do for a business PC , give it anything strenuous to do , and it will show its limits pretty quickly.

If your on a budget it would probably do for a while , but chances are when you see its limits , and you will , you will be buying a standalone card , any standalone card , sooner rather than later.

Brandaman

Standard Member
The integrated graphics on the new processors are not nearly as good as a standalone card , intel suck and graphics and by the looks of things always will , its something they just dont seem to get.

The integrated graphics will do for a business PC , give it anything strenuous to do , and it will show its limits pretty quickly.

If your on a budget it would probably do for a while , but chances are when you see its limits , and you will , you will be buying a standalone card , any standalone card , sooner rather than later.
I know it's limited, but as I said, the only game I really play at the moment is Minecraft, and I get about 20-30 FPS on that on my notebook, with a 2.1GHz Dual.

The main thing I wanna know is like, how you'd set it up and stuff. I'm a bit of a PC noob when it comes to graphics.

Although, I did look around at this processor, and they tested it on MW2 (lowest settings obviously) and got about 30FPS. Which isn't bad for IG.

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Theres little to no setting up to do , just pair the processor with a compatible motherboard and it should be good to go.

( Incidentally MW2 on lowest settings is not very nice to look at , and 30fps is not great at lowest settings ! )

Brandaman

Standard Member
Theres little to no setting up to do , just pair the processor with a compatible motherboard and it should be good to go.

( Incidentally MW2 on lowest settings is not very nice to look at , and 30fps is not great at lowest settings ! )
I know it's not great, but for IG, it's not bad. Surprisingly Black Ops got about 4, which shows how badly optimised it is!

Anyway, I won't be playing high graphic games like MW2 :D

But what do I plug in where, to connect to the monitor?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom