Is info about what DSP chip is in what Amp readily available?

GhostyDog

Hi,

The DSP chip in my Denon AV-F100 has fried, chips are over £300 and are only available direct from Japan but on back order :(

Just wondering if anybody can find out if the same chip was used in other Amps so I can scour the 'bay to see if I can pick on up cheap and transfer the chip across.

Cheers

GD

Gadgetcity

What makes you think that it is the DSP that has a problem?

Over £300, what DSP is it?

Is the DSP in a socket or soldered down?

De-soldering the chip without damaging the surrounding circuit is hard enough. De-soldering a DSP from a 'good' PCB without knackering it and then reflowing it on to the faulty board is for experts only. These devices were never designed to be re-used in this way.

Even if you are 100% sure that the DSP has died (rather unlikely but not impossible) then what are your soldering skills like? What sort of hot air desoldering gear have you got? Have you got the right shape head for the DSP chip? Have you done this sort of thing before?

GhostyDog

What makes you think that it is the DSP that has a problem?

Over £300, what DSP is it?

Is the DSP in a socket or soldered down?

De-soldering the chip without damaging the surrounding circuit is hard enough. De-soldering a DSP from a 'good' PCB without knackering it and then reflowing it on to the faulty board is for experts only. These devices were never designed to be re-used in this way.

Even if you are 100% sure that the DSP has died (rather unlikely but not impossible) then what are your soldering skills like? What sort of hot air desoldering gear have you got? Have you got the right shape head for the DSP chip? Have you done this sort of thing before?

denon repair center told me no idea about chip was going to get someone with the relevant kit to do the work

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom