Is Hollywood listening?

arn

Standard Member
With more & more people getting into Asian movies ( e.g BBC Johnathon Ross Asian Invasion) do you think Hollywood is finally waking up to what people want rather than the trash they have delivered of late?
It sure can't just be me who looks to buy an Asian film before another from the hollywood production line.

Bristol Pete

Novice Member
Agree, but have they not been listening for some time, snapping up the rights to every decent film going and in the process ruining them as they fail to transcend to the western market and loose what made them brilliant in the first place?

Pete.

PoochJD

Hi,

Martin Scorsese is remaking Infernal Affairs! :eek: Now, this means it's going to be an absolutely spectabular remake, or it's going to be absolute pants! Either way, this could make or break his career! He's not had a major hit now for a long, long while!

Pooch

shahedz

Distinguished Member
i cant see a remake beign better, can anyone name a remake that has been on par with the asian original or even better ,

what was the name of the resevoir dogs original. was it city of angels or something?

although i will contrdict myself in saying , i thought resevoir dogs was one of those rare remakes, which was brilliant

spocktra

Novice Member
PoochJD said:
Hi,

Martin Scorsese is remaking Infernal Affairs! :eek: Now, this means it's going to be an absolutely spectabular remake, or it's going to be absolute pants! Either way, this could make or break his career! He's not had a major hit now for a long, long while!

Pooch
The remake is not going to include the twisty family sharing bit in old boy is it.:eek:

arn

Standard Member
I meant Asain cinema is becoming more & more popular so they must get their act together :rolleyes:

Can't see them just standing still and being overtaken especially when money comes into it :rolleyes:

Steven

Senior Moderator
Yes Hollywood....asia cinema is finally getting western recognition. So leave it alone!

The original Infernal Affairs trilogy (which incidentally was out years ago) was one of the better recent films from HK. If ever there was another Hollywood remake more wholly unnecessary, it's the Hollywood remake of it. Don't get me wrong, Goodfellas was awesome...but it'd be like remaking the Godfather Trilogy (or just I + II) into one film :thumbsdow

lovemunkey187

Novice Member
PoochJD said:

I personally think that this is going to be sensational.

Nah, I'm lying. This is gonna suck big time. Scorsese has done some good stuff, but that was in the past.

shahedz said:
what was the name of the resevoir dogs original. was it city of angels or something?

CITY ON FIRE with the wardrobe from A BETTER TOMORROW II

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Q800T 8K QLED TV Review
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom