1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is 'Highlander' Worth Buying???? (Anchor Bay R1)

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Gorshin, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Check this out:

http://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-details.xml?uid=36023

I've heard lots of differing opions re this film. Some say brilliant, others that it is trashy. Please advise. The R1 disk looks good, especially for £6.50 (over $30us on Amazon!). Is this a good film? The trailer looks interesting. Saw 1 review stating it was as good as The Terminator or Blade Runner :zonked:

2. ewin

ewin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got this when it was released and it`s not bad.
    It could have been better with extra and more info on the making of the film.
    u get a Queen cd as well in the pack .
    Pic q is good and be cleaned up from the last release but i wish it would get a full frame by frame restore.
    sound q is good.Not much between dts and dd 5.1 as the soundtrack is a bit front heavy and a bit light on the sub area.Don`t get me wrong it`s still better than the stereo mix when it was in the cinema.
    For the price get it. It`s a cult classic and the soundtrack made the film more than it should have been.

3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its a decent flick especially the first half of the film ( i thought it lost its way a little near the end ) for that money i would buy it as you are getting the re-released print which has DTS and better picture quality than earlier releases.

4. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, just buying it now!