Is harvest Moon any good?

tony kop77

My girlfriend enjoyed Viva and Animal Crossing and this game looks like a mix of the two so was thinking of getting it for her. Is it any good?

Zoogly

Yes it is. I've got Harvest Moon for the GBA, DS, PSOne, PS2 and GameCube, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt.;) I love it!
Harvest Moon is basically a farming sim with cutesy stuff thrown in - so be prepared to spend lots of time howing and sowing and watering your crops. The real fun/ reward comes when they've ripened and you can pick them.
Or you could concentrate on raising your animals - dog, chickens, sheep, cows and horse. Milk your cows and when they're big and strong and lurrrrve you, you'll get lots of milk from them. Same with your sheep and chickens. Enter them into competitions for trophies and better milk/ products.
Woo your sweetheart with gifts or turn them off with rubbish or fish bones. Get in with the villagers by giving them gifts and talking to them and they'll unlock things in the game.
Each day is also about 15 minutes long so you can play on a bus journey or something and it doesn't take long to get engrossed in your life on the farm and your animals.
So yes, definitely get it for your girlfriend.:thumbsup:

StoobieUK

Yes it is. I've got Harvest Moon for the GBA, DS, PSOne, PS2 and GameCube, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt.;) I love it!

Is the DS version much different from the GBA version? I have that and I got quite obsessed with it. Is the DS version different enough to warrant a purchase?

Stu

Andy_83

Zoogly, Are you playing the US or PAL verison & how are you getting on with the bugs in this game?

I want to pick it aswell but have been put off by reports of hundreds of bugs/glitches in the game.
I held off buying the US version becasue of this & becasue Rising Star were supposed to be releasing a better version over here.
But now it seems that the PAL release has only fixed a couple of the major glitches while introducing others & a load of content that was actually working fine has been competely removed.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom