1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Harry Potter the new bass king?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Kazman, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Was watching Prisoner of Azkhaban last night, and my oh my, does that DVD pack some stonking bass!!

I saw my BFD register lots of LFE going to the sub, and some parts are pant wettingly loud :D

There are many points in the movie where this is apparent, the big whomping willow scene is fantastic!!! and the Knightbus scene, was astonishing!!

The Knightbus scene in particular will test your sub for speed, the SVS sub handled this with aplomb, my cats almost shat themsleves LOL! :devil:

The movie was better 2nd time round too, but they missed so many key points from the book, and the 2nd half just felt a little rushed.

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have to agree the Bass in the Movie was Excellent but the Films are getting worse, just did not enjoy it :(

John

3. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I think the problem with the movies is that they do not have enough run time to cram all of the important info from the books. I won't mention anything here in detail in case it spoils the movie for anyone else, but there was a lot of relevant information that was ignored. Like the reasons behind the Animagus register.

Could have been a LOT better.

4. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agree, it just seemed to end too quickly and felt like i had missed something :confused:

John :)

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Transferring to DVD Talk forum