Is Global Warming a con ?

signs

Ex Member
Reaction score
Is Global Warming a con ? , it seems to me it is ! dreamed up by the government(s) to extract every last penny out of us.

Let's face it ,we all recycle !(well most) have you ever asked yourself where that commodity goes!? , well the council sell it ! (mostly to a UK independent ,who then sell it to Asia )

Well i've had enough , lets not get duped by the government to fuel their "fires" any more :)

Signs......controversial indeed.

I really have no idea but I do love recycling. I hate the idea that stuff I chuck out just gets buried in the ground, how wasteful is that?

con as Natural ect does it all on it's own, the World has been going hot and Cold for millions of years with different environments,
we have even had worse winters and hotter summers over the years, if i could change anything though, i would go back in time and fit Cat converters the Tyrannosaurus Rex's back side :laugh:

Signs......controversial indeed.

I really have no idea but I do love recycling. I hate the idea that stuff I chuck out just gets buried in the ground, how wasteful is that?

Dave, you and a thousand people go and get rid of your "Onkyo" boxes (tip) , you carefully select which skip to throw them in . then the council comes along and sells them to a UK independent for a huge mark up !

It's a con !

Last edited:
Dave, you and a thousand people go and get rid of your "Onkyo" boxes (tip) , you carefully select which skip to throw throw them in . then the council comes along and sells them to a UK independent for a huge mark up !

It's a con !

I wouldn't say it's a con, I'm certainly under no illusion about recycling but as I said, chucking something in the ground that can be recycled is ridiculous.

Luckily my local council simply has a bin for recycling and a bin for landfill so it's not hard at all.

As for the onkyo box they can get stuffed, it's in the loft for when I upgrade.:D

I wouldn't say it's a con, I'm certainly under no illusion about recycling but as I said, chucking something in the ground that can be recycled is ridiculous.

they never do , that's my point ! they employ people to "sift" through the **** beforehand :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think so. I believe in climate change, but (IMO) dont think, we as humans, are causing it or can prevent it.

Almost every good alternative to a bad/pollutant thing is far more expensive.

I doubt i will invest in wind turbines and/or solar panels until they are dirt cheap or on gov-grant.
Public Transport fairs are beyond a joke.

I have only taken greener options, only when it benifits me financially or at no extra cost.

Now converted to smaller diesel engine which has seen a dramatic increase in MPG and reduced roadtax.

Got water metre installed - my bills are only a 1/3 of standard rates

I recycle - which has no affect financially

I was forced to replace my boiler 3 yrs ago, which was costly. The new condenser boiler is by far more efficient and gas bills have dropped by 1/2 since. So its almost paid for itself now

Last edited:
they never do , that's my point ! they employ people to "sift" through the s*%t beforehand :)

Bloody hell, if someone goes through my bin and manages to get anything they can sell between the nappies, dog **** and food waste then fair play to em, they can have it.:laugh:

recycling is still good, like you said yourself, it brings money into the country, either that or pay to bury it?

and less emmisions are good because regardless of what they do or dont do to some layer of gas in the sky, clean air is without doubt better for your heath.

Bloody hell, if someone goes through my bin and manages to get anything they can sell between the nappies, dog **** and food waste then fair play to em, they can have it.:laugh:

:laugh: I promise you (well with business waste at least ) some poor mo-foar sifts it .

It's not global warming, it is climate change! Different things :)

recycling is still good, like you said yourself, it brings money into the country, either that or pay to bury it?

and less emmisions are good because regardless of what they do or dont do to some layer of gas in the sky, clean air is without doubt better for your heath.

Have you ever considered what your local council does with the revenue ?

Doh :facepalm: what happened to the bird flu sub section ? :laugh:

Its where th CC/GW forum will be in a few years ;)

Although IMO, now that CC/GW has become a revenue stream for Gov's around the world, I don't believe it will ever be disproved

WE NEED TO SAVE THE PLANET!!! Only taxing us will save the planet!

;-)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom